Thursday 4 September 2014

Welcome to Sembawang Town - from a Taxi Uncle

Today I helped a friend to cover some of her taxi rentals as she was sick for the whole day. I started off late around 7.45pm because I got to go home to pick up my TDVL. The plan is to end driving before 12 midnight.

I pick up my last customer at Woodlands MRT Taxi stand just before 10pm. Husband, wife and a young daughter.

The husband smiles at me and say "Uncle,"Admiralty Link.".  I paused for a while, " there is an Admiralty MRT in Woodlands, no admiralty link." , I said. "You are going to Sembawang Town?" when it dawns on me where he wants to go. "Yes, near where the God of wealth temple is located", he replied.

The family has just moved in about one week ago, they bought a 12 years old HDB unit from the resale market.

On the way we started off the best conversation for the whole night. About good food joint around Sembawang /Woodlands area.

The food joint List

1.   White mee hoon shop opposite sembawang Shopping center.
2.   Chong Pang hawker food center.
3.   Turtle soup shop beside opposite Sembawang Shopping center.
4.   Coffee shop for chilli crab along Sembawang road just before turning into Sembawang Park.
5.   The Thail Food restaurant beside KFC at Chong Pang.

This night I let him off the Taxi with a smile on my face. Talking and thinking about food always bring back fond memories I had with families and friends.

Then I cruise around from 10 pm till 11pm. Long queue at Woodlands MRT taxi stand, more then 10 taxis waiting in the queue.

No customer at all until I call it a night around 11pm. Should have gone to the zoo at around 10 pm. Most of the time I will be able to pick up a customer going to CBD hotel. Then another fare out of the town CBD. But not tonight, I made a major trip planning mistake.

All in for 3 hours of work. I pocketed $30 and pay $30 for the hirer for the use of Taxi plus fuel.


The first Taxi I drove with Premier Taxi. 


No comments:

Post a Comment