Tuesday 16 September 2014

Driving Taxi on 13 Sept 2014

I started off around 1530 hours. Took a family to 211 Bedok road temple for the parent's death anniversary. The two teenage daughter and son is with them. They looks to me a like a happy family going out for a picnic.  They dot empathize with Taxi driver's long hours on the road after they asked me the hours I need to drive for a living. They have moved to Woodlands about 14 years ago. That is the way to start the day, :)

Went on to the airport terminal 2, have a quick coffee and toast, pick and go. This person going to Woodlands. It is after 5 pm, so the airport surcharge is plus $5 fare.The person is a FT working for Vodafone, coming back from a conference in Philippine.

Woodlands MRT pick up 3 India FT, going to Jalan Kayu to send their friend off going back to India. They are friendly, and asking about difference in fare price amount Taxis. In the end I found out he had the luck of boarding one of this Chrysler Black Taxi, the fare difference is $12 comparing to a normal Taxi.

Jalan Kayu pick up another Philippine FT girl going to Mohd Sultan road. She dress to kill with a perfume that lingers on in the Taxi long after.

Long Queue at Clark Quay Taxi rank (all green lanterns). Went to Queue at Parkmall taxi stand, waited for 5 minutes where a Malay Family board the Taxi after dinner at the Mongolian BBQ Restaurant. They are going to Woodlands street 13 @ marsiling.

After that is a blurrr...... Woodlands to Tampines, Tampines to Bedok, Bedok to Tampines etc. I am really not familiar with that area. In the future, need to read up the map to get myself familiar with that area. Luckily those passengers are understanding.

In the end, I go up to TPE, arriving at airport T2 to try my luck. Good, pick and go. Person no luggage, He is going to Geylang Lorong 18. Not sure why, but most of my passenger, 7 out of 10 will be going to Lorong 18.

Along Geylang towards city, pickup another FT philippine girl, going to Luck Plaza. Then from Lucky Plaza Taxi rank to Eunos Crescent. Had my dinner at Eunos MRT.

Along Eunos pick up a friendly old lady going to Joo Chiat Place. She thank me and very surprise I can give her a big grin smile when she board the taxi. She flatter me by saying I must have a sunny personality, my wife must be luck to have me.

After which I do not remember the rest of the trips except the last trip after midnight. Took a gentleman home from Centre Point to Anderson road off Thomson road. He had a bad night out because of his girl friend. :)

Total collection is about $270. After rental $60 and petrol $37. Take home $173. Not bad for 12 hours of work. Note, only good takings on Saturday.



No comments:

Post a Comment